0

27 Weeks!

So here we are at the beginning of 27 weeks! It is hard to believe how quickly time has passed. I truly look like I have a "loaf" (rather than a "bun") in the oven and I feel like I am waddling and have the typical aches and pains that you hear about! There's no denying it-- I am now way pregnant! ;) Baby boy is also moving around at pretty regular times now, so I can almost predict when he is going to wiggle for me! He definitely lets me know when he is hungry and wants momma to eat, by the punches I get in my side! And then he expresses his appreciation after I eat by jumping around for a while longer. It is so funny~ I wonder if he will be as predictable when he 's out here in the world... Probably not! He is so active at this point that Mike has also been able to feel his tiny kicks and I am able to watch little earthquakes happen on my belly if I just sit back and stare for a bit. It is amazing! And it has been pretty neat to think about what is to come in about three months, when baby boy finally does arrive. I finally did some baby registry last week and it's kind of cool to pick out things that baby boy will one day soon be using on a daily basis! It was a little overwhelming though-- there are SO MANY aisles and items at BabiesRUs that I am still trying to figure out what exactly baby boy needs. Who would have thought?! A stroller is a stroller, and a car seat a car seat, right??? Nope. ;) Oh well...

As far as baby boy's development, according to website, this is what is happening these days: "This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."

Everything has been going great these days-- FINALLY! I started my new job and LOVE it and Mike has started his position too! We are getting settled in and trying to get organized, which is quite a feat after moving so many times and living out of boxes! ;) But, it feels like Jacksonville was meant to be our home and I am so happy to be here!

0 comments:

Followers

 

What is to come... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates