0

New developments

I wanted to post a new bulletin solely about Anthony and some of his new developments. There have been too many exciting and fun things going on with Anthony, I didn't want them to get lost in the serious message of the last post! Anthony has been in the one-year-old classroom at school for about a month now and he's doing GREAT! I think it has been a real benefit for him to be exposed to these older children, because his skills have been blossoming since he started in the class! He is officially a "walker," I guess, although he still only does it about 50% of the time, and usually only when he has his shoes off. I think that he must get a better feel and balance when he's barefoot! He'll stand up from a sitting position, walk about halfway across the room, stop and change direction, and will pause to steady himself when he gets a little shaky! He looks like a pro now, but poor guy experienced his first little hazard of walking last week, as he fell at school and busted his top lip open! :( Nothing major, just our first injury milestone! ;) Anthony still refuses to talk, although I swear I hear "uh oh" and "no" and "yeah" a lot, but then he just shakes his head at me when I tell him to "Say_." But because nothing has been consistent with his words, I'm hesitant to count anything as a real word! So, we'll keep waiting. On a side note though, he is starting to use his gestures more to communicate and even some sign language (I think!) ;) Anthony will clap about anything he likes and even begins clapping any time he hears an audience's applause on the television! He finally will wave goodbye and hello, but these moves typically turn into clapping right away (I think he just loves to clap)! And although I'm not 100% certain, I am pretty sure Anthony has been signing for "milk" and "eat." He does these movements in the right context and will imitate me when I do them most of the time, but again, my little stinker does nothing consistently, and definitely does not do anything every time he is asked! Some other fun things that we have been doing is visiting the playground and playing on the swing and slide and visiting Aunt Gina and Uncle Steven's farm in Old Town, Florida. Anthony LOVED the animals and the nature and the MUD (we went to a fun little river park to swim)! We'll have to go back sometime when he's a little older to enjoy even more!

0 comments:

Followers

 

What is to come... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates