0

Bittersweet.

Well, no new baby news yet, but we have our second doctor's appointment on Thursday already! There has actually been so much else going on that I honestly haven't even been thinking about the pregnancy... We are currently in the midst of our move down to Tampa and we have a layover of a few days here in Jacksonville, thanks to a little hurricane, Fay, welcoming us to the "sunshine" state. Not that I mind being in Jacksonville at all, we just want to be settled where we are going to be. It has been a hell of a trip down. It took SO much longer to pack than we anticipated and poor Mike had to haul EVERYTHING downstairs into the Uhaul on his own, since I can't really carry anything too heavy. So, needless to say, we packed all day Saturday until we got on the road around 5:00 pm. We made it almost to North Carolina and stopped for the night and did the rest of the 9 hours to Jacksonville yesterday. And this week has just been emotionally draining too. Too many goodbyes, including one that I was not ready for. We had to put Noel, my best kitty friend for almost 18 years, down on Thursday. She was pretty ill and had not been eating. I so wanted her to make it back to Florida with us... to be back where she started... but life had other plans. I was/ am a wreck about it, but our kitten Ellie is here with us to carry Noey's legacy on. And she gets to see where big sister started her days. :)

It has all been very bitter sweet. The goodbyes and hellos, the ending and starting, both fear and anticipation. Who knows really what is to come???

0 comments:

Followers

 

What is to come... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates